A power of team needs to understand each individual and they must actively work towards the same vision.
Team building should be trying to achieve cohesion and unison within the brand. This will help you build a solid foundation to succeed! The power team’s edge is the ability to TRUST each other at all cost!
You create that environment by letting people speak freely, and not passing judgment on something someone says just because you don’t like it. You have to be able to allow people to express their thoughts, to create that psychologically safe environment! So people will not be afraid to speak their minds. When people are not afraid to speak their minds, good inclusion arises. Healthy inclusion solves problems!
Team building is essential because without it the team will never truly grow together as a unit. When organizations grow together, they are more likely to succeed! You build a power team by networking with your inner circle, telling them what you are looking for in your organization and start to build from there!
When it comes to our brand, there are 5 people I spend the most time with, who are the KEY members of my power team
1) Bonnie Ogden: my wife is my business partner and my absolute best friend. She has been with me the whole way through this roller coaster ride. She is the key person on my team who vets all the people we work with. So she is the most crucial part of the HR section of our brand. So without her, our business would not be where it is today!
2) Dawn Wiener: Dawn is impressive at creating all of the marketing and strategy behind our brand. She and I met several years ago through LinkedIn and developed a great friendship. Dawn is now in charge of all the marketing, branding, and content strategy behind our brand. So she is the intricate part of the Marketing Section of our brand. We are blessed to have her on our team, as she is a master of her craft!
3) Donna Buttice: Donna is my speaker manager, and she so crucial to our brand in the area of sales. Assuming someone wants to book me for a speaking event, Donna is the person that they have to speak with. She writes all of our contracts, negotiates the terms, and she coordinates the event, so everything runs smoothly. She is the driving force behind the sales section of our brand!
4) Todd Goldman: Todd is exceptionally significant in the area of our website. Todd and his partner built our website to make it easy to navigate and follow for people to know about our brand. Todd has been one of the big reasons for our brand’s success as people have raved about our website, which is so crucial in the keynote speaking and executive coaching industry!
5) Clay Estes: Clay and his team handle all of the videography work for our brand! This aspect is without a doubt one of the most crucial elements of our business. When I travel the country to a keynote, speak Clay makes sure that I have someone there to video all of my talks, so I can create engaging footage to help me get hired more consistently as a keynote speaker! So Clay plays a significant role in the Production section of our brand!
These 5 members represent the most critical members of our power team! They without a doubt embody professionalism, excellence, and high-quality craftsmanship. All of these individuals are “pivotal” to the success of our brand.
Qualities needed to build a power team:
4. Effective Communication
5. Inclusive Environment
Remember the old saying “your network is your net worth!”
Marques Ogden, Keynote Speaker