Establishing goals is a beneficial exercise, but are you setting too simple goals? Is it too complicated? Simple goals will keep you in your comfort zone and not lead to business success. Plans that are too difficult may make you feel defeated and force you to abandon your aspirations.
Goals that are too difficult may make you feel defeated and force you to abandon your aspirations.
Planning to achieve your goals does not take much time, but it is an essential part of the process. Otherwise, you’ll wake up each morning questioning what you’re supposed to be doing and will come to a halt.
Here’s a method for categorizing your goals so you’re consistently challenged:
1. Set small goals. These are targets that you can quickly achieve with a little extra effort. Small goals should consistently be increased, but they should not be so complex that they cause stress. These should be the most straightforward goals to achieve to have a sense of accomplishment at the end of the month.
2. Set medium goals. These are the objectives that will push you out of your comfort zone. Staying in your comfort zone will never lead to growth; instead, you will remain stagnant and observe no changes in your business. A medium goal could be to schedule podcast interviews. You’d not only receive practice delivering your message, but you’d also be exposed to an entirely new audience, which might lead to new subscribers, social media followers, and clients.
3. Set significant goals. These are the desires or visions that appear to be out of reach at this time. Being out of reach does not mean being impossible. Remember, “impossible” converts to “I’m Possible.” Divide your goals into smaller goals, such as monthly, weekly, or daily goals. Important goals may take years to achieve, but you will be working toward them every day.
What Is the Purpose of Goals?
Working every day without having specific goals written down is like a hamster running on its wheel: they travel in circles and never get anywhere. If you’re content with running your business as a hobby and earning only part-time income, continue moving forward with what you are already doing. However, if you want to elevate your life and elevate your business, define and prioritize goals. Break them down into manageable steps and re-evaluate them at the end of the month. If they need to be modified, do so; keep on or make them somewhat more challenging if you fulfilled your aims.
Achieving challenging goals helps your business expand and offers you a boost of confidence. Once you’ve accomplished a number of these problematic objectives, you’ll feel invincible.
Setting goals is a task that everyone must embark upon. Understanding what you want in life, whether you do it every New Year’s or at different times throughout the year, will keep you from feeling like you’re just wandering through each day without direction. Knowing your mission and goals inspires you always to get up and take action every day.
Goal-setting will keep you focused on your aspirations in all facets of your life. Whether it’s shedding weight to reclaim your health or elevating your overall revenue to relocate to a warmer area, recognizing what you want empowers you to take action. After all, nothing happens in life until we take action.
Famous People Who Set Goals and Persevered through Obstacles
Don’t become discouraged if you’ve previously failed to meet your goals. Even most celebrities and company owners have had setbacks but have continued to succeed.
Beyoncé, the queen of entertainment, keeps a photograph of an Academy Award next to her treadmill, where she can see it every day. She earned an Oscar in 2013 for the theme song to the James Bond film Skyfall.
Michael Jordan, possibly one of the greatest professional basketball players, was rejected by his high school varsity basketball team because of his height or should we say lack there of. When he was informed he would never play at that level, Michael accelerated his training and envisioned his name in a professional locker room.
When Walt Disney offered his Disney World theme park proposal, numerous bankers laughed. They have had the last laugh because the entire Disney franchise – including the various theme parks, movies, and merchandise – is now worth billions of dollars.
JK Rowling, best renowned for writing the Harry Potter series, could not persuade book publishers to speak with her. Despite relying on food stamps to make ends meet, she eventually found a publisher who agreed to publish her novel after the publisher’s daughter began reading it and became enthralled.
Thomas Edison was another individual classified as “dumb” by his teachers, despite holding over 1,000 patents for discoveries at one point. Edison is known for creating the lightbulb, but he is also known for saying, “I have not failed.” “I’ve just discovered 10,000 ways that will not work.”
Not having achieved all your goals and aspirations, does not mean you should give up. Revise your plans, clarify what is most important in your life, and push toward your goals.
“Never too young to start an empire. Never too old to chase a new dream.”
For the last 13 years as an entrepreneur, I have experienced some unimaginable obstacles and successes along the way. Entrepreneurs often follow their path to success. Some entrepreneurs will reach success quickly, and all things will magically fall into place for them, while others will face a long, slow, painful journey to success.
There is nothing wrong with which way you get there. However, an entrepreneur who understands the importance of learning, being open-minded, and being flexible with change will often surpass anyone struggling to expand their vision.
Ten lessons I have learned over the years of being an entrepreneur:
1. Patience is a virtue. Success doesn’t happen overnight.
2. Fortitude is key. If you don’t see and believe it, it will never become reachable.
3. Teamwork is the foundation of any success. Success is never achieved alone.
4. Embrace Courageous Feedback. If you never evaluate yourself, you will never know if you are successful or not.
5. Keep calm and embrace the storms. No journey is ever smooth. It would be best if you learned to embrace every obstacle you face with positivity.
6. Understand people. Having a keen understanding of how people function and what their needs are.
7. Know your audience. There will be times where you will have to adjust your “normal” approach to fit the environment.
8. Confidence is key. Having self-confidence will help you close any sale.
9. Communication must be a revolving door. Always have a clear and transparent conversation with each person you come in contact with.
10. Learn daily. If you are not learning something new each day, you are not growing.
Change is unavoidable in the world of business. Failure is a given in the world of entrepreneurship. If you want to be successful in business or as an Entrepreneur, you must be willing to adapt and change as you face setbacks and obstacles along the way.
Remember to always think out of the box, don’t get comfortable, journal all your creative ideas, and visualize your desired results.
The final note always stays up to date on your industry news so you can always be aware of any possible changes that may be happening, and you can prepare for them before failure occurs.
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.”
– Michael Jordan
Team building is both an art and a science, and the leader can consistently build high-performing teams. It requires a strong understanding of people, their strengths, and what drives them to work hard and with others.
It takes outstanding leadership to build a great team. Leaders must be willing to have a courageous conversation, make challenging decisions, and set expectations for each individual on the team. Team building begins at the top, so if your leaders are not willing to change, grow and take risks, then how do you expect your team to build each other up.
Building solid and long-lasting teams require the ability to master the “art of understanding people” and how each person will bring value to your team. Leaders must identify the strengths of each team member, the way they think, and whom they work well with to delegate their position on the team.
Leaders must be able to identify their style and techniques of leadership to help them grow along with the team. As a leader, you must be your boss, be flexible, and know-how to communicate effectively. Leaders must be able to activate the talent behind the team.
Team Building is like a chess game; you must know the value and placement of each piece and how critical each move is as it can make or break your team’s strength.
Tips to Mastering Team Building:
• Know yourself as a leader
• Understand people
• Identify Strengths and Weakness of team members
• Master the art of having Courageous Conversations
• Know when and how to acknowledge your team members
• Know how to reward the team for their part in the success
• Never forget to say “thank you.”
• Always show appreciation
Remember a team is only as strong as the foundation it’s built on.