Building a brand with a team of Leaders who lead with listening is crucial. Leaders who master the skill of listening are the most humble leaders.
Do not build a team of “Yes” team members, build a team of honest and real team members, who are willing to give you honest and constructive feedback. Some people look at being humble as a weakness, when it should actually be recognized as a strength in people. Transparency and Effective communication is key to achieving strong relationships between team members, building inspiration, and increasing profitability through achieving the desired results.
When you carry to much pride and have a BIG EGO as a leader it tends to seclude you from the team and increases your chances of experiencing more errors, poor decision making, and will destroy relationships. Instead let the ego go and build a power team of knowledgable, competent, and confident individuals who can provide honest, authentic, and timely feedback. As a leader, you often feel like you need to know everything and that is not true. Great leaders are those who ask for help when needed, know the resources to refer individuals to when they are unable to assist, and they welcome feedback and constructive thoughts of others.
Mastering your listening skills and becoming more of a humble leader you become more approachable, trusting, and reliable through your team’s eyes. Having strong leadership skills allows you to create an inclusive environment where each team member finds a sense of purpose and respect.
The more successful your organization and team becomes requires you as a leader to remain in touch with all new and upcoming items that can add to the efficiency of your team and organization. Be a leader who inspires others to embrace change, encourage feedback, and grow as leaders themselves. Organizations that remain strong with an excellent foundation of leadership, through all the changing times and in the competitive market place increase their chances of success and profitability.
Leaders who do not master the art of listening will be surrounded by individuals who have nothing to say. Which will lead to communication barriers, critical errors, loss of inclusion, which could easily lead to the demise of your brand!
In conclusion, LEARN TO LISTEN MORE!
Listen authentically to understand someone’s real problem, and not just to reply. Be present and intentional with all communication and eliminate distractions. By doing this you give yourself the best chance to succeed in all areas personally and professionally!
TIME TO REEVALUATE YOU
When your low can’t go lower, eventually we hit bottom. Whether hitting that bottom in rock bottom or close to rock bottom. Hitting bottom personally and professionally does not always have to be a bad thing. It is essential to reevaluate who we are. Ask yourself this, “Are you living your best life?”
WHAT IS YOUR BIG VISION
This is the time you look at your goals, your vision, your story, and most importantly, your purpose or passion. You are never alone, it may seem as though the bottom can be the loneliness, but that is where you will truly learn who you are, where you want to go and what it will take. Ask yourself this, “Am I truly being authentic with who I am, or where I want to go in life?”
WHO ARE THE TOP 5 PEOPLE YOU SPEND THE MOST TIME WITH
This is a great time to evaluate who you spend your time with. Think of the individuals you spend the most time with. Do you spend time with individuals who are lacking in inspiration, maybe lacking in positivity, or even just lacking in energy altogether? You have the opportunity to choose who you spend your time with. Make sure you are spending time with individuals who lift you up, support your vision, and believe in you. Do not feel obligated to give time to the dream crashes, the negative Nelly’s, or the individuals who are complacent in life. Ask yourself this, “Do these individuals bring me joy and lift me up?” “Are they there for me when I need them?”
GETTING BACK UP
OK, now after doing self-evaluation dust yourself off and get right back up. The longer you spend at rock bottom or living, the worse it will be to get back up.
Figure out what living your best life will indeed look like with these steps: 1. Am I doing what I love to do?
a. If not, Why are you not enjoying what you are doing?
b. If yes, What can be done to bring more joy to your life?
2. What is something I have always dreamt of doing or being?
a. Can you add or apply it to what you are currently doing?
b. Is this something completely different from what you are doing?
3. What will it take to get you started living your best life?
a. Do you know your Avatar or ideal customer?
b. Do you know what challenges they face and how you can be of a solution for them?
4. Who is going to be your greatest support?
a. Does your network of individuals know and believe in your vision?
b. Are they capable of helping you achieve this vision?
5. What is the burning desire behind this vision?
a. How will this allow you to live your best life?
We all have the same opportunities as others to live our best life’s. It all comes down to are you will step out of your comfort zone, put in the hard work, and sacrifice something to achieve this vision. It all begins with YOU!
Do you believe in you, your vision, and the ability to live your best life?
A power of team needs to understand each individual and they must actively work towards the same vision.
Team building should be trying to achieve cohesion and unison within the brand. This will help you build a solid foundation to succeed! The power team’s edge is the ability to TRUST each other at all cost!
You create that environment by letting people speak freely, and not passing judgment on something someone says just because you don’t like it. You have to be able to allow people to express their thoughts, to create that psychologically safe environment! So people will not be afraid to speak their minds. When people are not afraid to speak their minds, good inclusion arises. Healthy inclusion solves problems!
Team building is essential because without it the team will never truly grow together as a unit. When organizations grow together, they are more likely to succeed! You build a power team by networking with your inner circle, telling them what you are looking for in your organization and start to build from there!
When it comes to our brand, there are 5 people I spend the most time with, who are the KEY members of my power team
1) Bonnie Ogden: my wife is my business partner and my absolute best friend. She has been with me the whole way through this roller coaster ride. She is the key person on my team who vets all the people we work with. So she is the most crucial part of the HR section of our brand. So without her, our business would not be where it is today!
2) Dawn Wiener: Dawn is impressive at creating all of the marketing and strategy behind our brand. She and I met several years ago through LinkedIn and developed a great friendship. Dawn is now in charge of all the marketing, branding, and content strategy behind our brand. So she is the intricate part of the Marketing Section of our brand. We are blessed to have her on our team, as she is a master of her craft!
3) Donna Buttice: Donna is my speaker manager, and she so crucial to our brand in the area of sales. Assuming someone wants to book me for a speaking event, Donna is the person that they have to speak with. She writes all of our contracts, negotiates the terms, and she coordinates the event, so everything runs smoothly. She is the driving force behind the sales section of our brand!
4) Todd Goldman: Todd is exceptionally significant in the area of our website. Todd and his partner built our website to make it easy to navigate and follow for people to know about our brand. Todd has been one of the big reasons for our brand’s success as people have raved about our website, which is so crucial in the keynote speaking and executive coaching industry!
5) Clay Estes: Clay and his team handle all of the videography work for our brand! This aspect is without a doubt one of the most crucial elements of our business. When I travel the country to a keynote, speak Clay makes sure that I have someone there to video all of my talks, so I can create engaging footage to help me get hired more consistently as a keynote speaker! So Clay plays a significant role in the Production section of our brand!
These 5 members represent the most critical members of our power team! They without a doubt embody professionalism, excellence, and high-quality craftsmanship. All of these individuals are “pivotal” to the success of our brand.
Qualities needed to build a power team:
4. Effective Communication
5. Inclusive Environment
Remember the old saying “your network is your net worth!”